QA Engineering Manager
You will lead a team of QA Automation Engineers. As a QA Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of device firmware deliverables by enhancing automated test frameworks, writing automated tests, maintaining QA related metrics, and upholding/enhancing QA related processes while providing leadership to establish best practices and grow the team and individuals as needed.
- Manage, mentor, coach, and direct the work of QA professionals.
- Being able to influence a cross-functional teams of Product and Engineering subject matter experts.
- Establish best practices to design and enhance automated test frameworks and test suites for Firmware products.
- Work closely with Product Management and Developers to review feature requirements to plan for automated testing
- Design, document, and execute test procedures
- Analyse test results, perform root cause analysis, and file bug tickets as necessary
- Guide development of automated simulation and test algorithms to detect errors in embedded systems.
- Work with real time operating systems and communication protocols such as LTE, WIFI, BTLE, TCP/IP, and GPS
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 6+ years of QA experience
- 2+ years managing QA teams
- Experience with C and at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java, or Python)
- Experience reading/writing code down to a white box level and providing root cause analysis
- Experience with unit, integration, and system level testing on embedded software platforms
- Experience with test runners and test management systems (e.g. Robot Framework, TestRail,)
Even better if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, CE, or CS
- Desired experience with Hardware in the Loop (HiL) testing
Apply directly or email Fiona at email@example.com for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.