My Client Based in Dublin North is a Pharmaceutical company based in North Dublin Looking for EHS Specialist to join there team. This is a full time permanent position and the salary is up to €65k.
The Duties of the Job:
- Monitoring environmental performance in compliance with the company operating permits and report to the management, employees and relevant statutory agencies as required.
- Increasing the safety awareness of all staff through promotion and training and working with departmental managers
- Contributing to the achievement of company performance to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental performance.
- Managing the company waste management programme, co-ordinating the shipment of all waste off-site, and ensuring that all waste is disposed of in a regulatory compliant manner.
- Ensuring that all PPE purchased meets CE regulations and is the correct one for the operation it is intended. Ensuring there are adequate procedures pertaining to PPE.
- Handling of process materials properly according to safety instructions and production procedures.
- Ensuring adequate EHS procedures are in place and are adhered to in all areas; monitoring employee safety performance to ensure that they are following the correct procedures.
- Ensuring an adequate Accident Reporting System is in place and reviewing and following up on all accident / near miss incidents.
- Ensuring a formal quarterly report / review takes place on all pertinent EHS issues.
- Ensuring that all materials and processes have been accurately assessed for EHS impact (including REACH) and those systems are in place to minimise any negative impact.
- Carrying out occupational monitoring, dust monitoring, audiometric testing and ergonomic assessments as required.
- Carrying out of risk analysis/HAZOP’s where necessary and ensuring all relevant areas/activities on site are covered by risk assessments.
- Reporting/communicating to the HSA, EPA, and Fingal County Council on necessary issues.
- Ensuring the company follows the Responsible Care programme and completing assessment of same on a yearly basis.
- Ensuring EHS awareness through coordinating participation in relevant competitions / awards, for example, the NISO Safety Award Scheme, Safety quiz, and Safety week; preparation of the submission for the annual NISO awards and any relevant Environmental awards.
- Coordinating the company EHS training programme and ensuring adequate training is carried out along with contributing to the new employee induction programme.
- Monitoring the company’s compliance to current regulatory requirements.
- Drawing up the EHS budget for the company and ensuring compliance to same.
- Organising the fire safety plan for the company, including fire drills, fire warden training, audits etc.
- Managing programme for internal EHS audits and following up on any EHS items arising from external audits.
- Monitoring of the waste treatment plant.
Requirements of the Job:
- Must have experience coming from Pharma/Chemical background
- Compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality practices.
- Achievement of Key Performance objectives and compliance with agreed work programmes.
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss further you can contact me directly on 01 4744652 - email@example.com
Pamela Hughes - Manufacturing & Supply Chain Recruitment Consultant at Sigmar Recruitment
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.