The EHS Specialist will be responsible for maintenance of the EHS function within the company to ensure HCI is a safe place for employees to work and is a compliant company with respect to all EHS regulations, operating permits and externally accredited management systems. It also involves monitoring of the waste water treatment facility, driving the waste management programmes, and other relevant projects and duties as may arise from time to time.
Other duties will include;
- Monitoring environmental performance in compliance with the company operating permits and report to the management, employees and relevant statutory agencies as required.
- Increasing the safety awareness of all staff through promotion and training and working with departmental managers
- Managing the company waste management programme, co-ordinating the shipment of all waste off-site, and ensuring that all waste is disposed of in a regulatory compliant manner.
- Ensuring that all PPE purchased meets CE regulations and is the correct one for the operation it is intended. Ensuring there are adequate procedures pertaining to PPE.
- The EHS Specialist is responsible for handling of process materials properly according to safety instructions and production procedures.
- Ensuring adequate EHS procedures are in place and are adhered to in all areas; monitoring employee safety performance to ensure that they are following the correct procedures.
- Ensuring a formal quarterly report / review takes place on all pertinent EHS issues.
- Carrying out occupational monitoring, dust monitoring, audiometric testing and ergonomic assessments as required.
- Carrying out of risk analysis/HAZOP’s where necessary and ensuring all relevant areas/activities on site are covered by risk assessments.
The next EHS Specialist should have 3-5 years experience in an EHS function, ideally coming from a pharmaceutical or chemical background. You should have a degree in Science or related field and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.