My client a semi state body are looking for a qualified accountant with a background in Audit to join their team.
This role is mainly based around the stragetic planning and audit structure and implementation for the years ahead.
This is initially a 6 month contract position.
Salary is 65k-75k pro rata.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Director of Audit
- Plan, assign and manage the audits/verification visits and coordination of the follow up arising from same
- Review, edit and approve the routine reports arising from the above visits, prior to issue to confirm the accuracy of same and to ensure consistency
- Monitor budgets/programme of activities
- Review the accounting systems and related internal controls
- Liaise with the Director of Audit in relation to any significant issues and manage the on-going development of appropriate reporting and data collection systems
- Co-ordinate the follow up procedures
- Manage and review the overall audit/verification schedules to ensure they are regularly updated in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly reports outlining the status of the reports against the audit plan as well as exception reporting detailing the outstanding issues
- Prepare regular summary reports for presentation to the respective Directorate team meetings
- Review the implementation of the policies and procedures
- Provide guidance on maintaining satisfactory accounting systems and best practice in relation to financial management and control
- Manage the on-going reporting to the Board
- Team management, performance/staff management and development
Ideally you will be an audit manager who has managed an audit team previous.
Qualified Accountant who is seeking a step up.
This role will work closely with the director.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aoife in Sigmar Recruitment on 01 474 4691 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.