Job Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Galway City
About the company: The HQ are in Galway (50-55 employees) with offices in London, Paris and Germany. The working
environment is supportive, friendly and informal.
Your role will be to lead the development and design of new products by providing expertise in embedded software design. You will apply your skills and knowledge into our development projects to ensure our devices are developed with our customers’ needs and safety at the forefront.
- Define, develop, maintain and improve embedded software for the company products
- Lead all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work with the product development group with input from the marketing team, to improve existing technology
- Ensure that development work adheres to the requirements of project design briefs
- Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
Key skills and experience needed:
- An experienced Software Engineer with a proven record of code development and support within a regulated environment.
- Strong Embedded C/C++ skills.
- Must have experience in defining software architecture with a focus on reliability, maintainability and security, with the ability to document and communicate to management and 3rdparty vendors.
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms.
- Proficiency with Python, Java and SQL desirable.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills. Ability to profile software to identify issues and areas of improvement
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and grow.
- Ability to lead, define and develop embedded software alongside other engineering disciplines (electronics, mobile application, manufacturing etc.)
- Third level degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/I.T. or related qualification
- Ideally with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in the full lifecycle of design and development of software solutions within the medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.
To apply for this position please contact Louisa Poinboeuf at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455308 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.