An excellent opportunity for recent Graduates and Design (Civil) Engineers to join a consulting engineering company in their Building & Infrastructure Team in their Dublin, Galway and Castlebar offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Building & Infrastructure Team and through mentoring with senior engineers within the company, candidates will be required to undertake the following duties :
• Preparation of tenders.
• Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
• Preparation of Preliminary and Contract Drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D, MX Roads and ArcGIS.
• Coordination and liaison with Clients and Regulatory Agencies
• Procurement of Site Investigation, Civil Engineering Works and Roads Contracts including preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
• Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- AutoCad 2D and 3D will be a basic requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills together with Teamwork and Leadership.
- Capacity to develop skills in the use of Building Information Modelling (such as AutoDesk REVIT), Microsoft Access and GIS software such as ArcGIS and MapInfo although not essential would be an advantage.
- Experience with Software packages such as Microsoft Project and MicroDrainage would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of construction contracts including FIDIC and the GCCC Forms of Contract.
If interested or know someone who may be interested please call Éamonn for more information on 0906413972 or email email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.