Project Manager required for a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK - working accross many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Project Start-Up Phase
• Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team.
• Liaise with the Director of the project regarding staffing for the project.
• Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cash flow and billable schedules, etc.
• Produce procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram.
• Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues.
• Develop project safety and quality plans.
• Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan.
• Mobilise site establishment.
• Development Project measure prior to commencement of Construction in line with the agreed project programme
• Ensure projects team familiarity with the Projects contract requirements
Project Running Phase
• Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the Director of the project.
• Manage your site team:
• in the effective day to day running of site activities
• to ensure the delivery of the project within the given constraints of time and cost.
• Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries, and engineering, quality and safety issues.
• Ensure compliance with Contract requirements
• Ensure audits are carried out by the ED in accordance with the design plan (if applicable).
• Attend meetings with client.
• Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed.
• Hold monthly team meetings to discuss project progress against milestones
• Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S & Lead Engineers.
• Advise client in good time of current sales plan.
• Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control.
• Submit monthly internal reports to Operations Director.
• To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
• Manage and coordinate installation of the project.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant technical aspects within construction industry standards and local authorities requirements if applicable
• Manage labour and subcontractors ensuring compliance for installation in accordance with the projects specification and contract documentation
• To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations associated with the project delivery are met.
• To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• To ensure that relations with the client and all stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to an appropriate level.
• To apply the clients methodology effectively and enforce project standards.
• To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Audit and prepare on-site quality plans
• Monitor & maintain site EHS requirements
Establish an effective material stock control and storage system
Project Completion Phase
• Understand the requirements and actions to be taken to test, commission and handover the project prior to the commencement of the commissioning period
• Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan and projects specific requirements.
• Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the ED.
• Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date.
• Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and projects Building control officer.
• Issue O&M manual format’s for approval prior to final submission
• Handover O&M manual and record drawings.
• Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective.
• Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with Director of the project.
• Produce a project close-out report and submit to the Operations Director.
• Archive project server and EHS files in accordance with DEL’s requirements.
• Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected.
• Undertake a lessons learnt review on the project and present these findings to the Directors
• Post contract completion i.e. clearing site/archiving/financial & practical review/installed drawings and manuals/secure disposal of confidential information and systems
• Ensure your project team is following Company policies and procedures
• Ensure all project teams have the required EHS training
• Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by:
• setting objectives at the start of the year
• monitoring progress against specific objectives/ KPIs throughout the year
• discussing progress against these objectives at performance reviews
• acting as a mentor and advising on training development opportunities
• Put forward ideas and take action to implement continuous improvement of the Company
• Maintain a site diary / day book
• Maintain the company’s confidential information policy
• Build relationships with all parties involved in the project and maintain effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• Project Management Course
• People Management & Leadership Course
• 10 + years’ experience in a similar position
• Experience working in a similar industry electrical biased
• Detailed knowledge of the Project Manager role
• Detailed knowledge of Engineering
• Detailed knowledge of construction industry standards
• Experience in leading a team
• Commercial knowledge and understanding
• Familiar with DEL Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
• Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel
• Ability to plan and programme
• Priorities and allocate time according to priority
• Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly
• Lead and motivate the team
• Manage performance: monitor, give feedback, confront issues
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Excellent time management skills
• An exceptional eye for detail
• Ambition to succeed and progress
• Passion for delivering results
BEHAVIOUR & ATTITUDE:
• An exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality
• A positive, “can do” approach, determined to succeed
• Ability to coach and inspire your team
• Rewards achievement
• Generates a sense of energy and urgency
• Remains calm under pressure
• Build trust and maintains excellent working relationships
• Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development
• Demanding of self and others
• Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
• Sound, balanced judgement
If you think you’re the right person for the job; click ‘apply now’ or contact Sean Luckie directly on 091 455302 or email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.