As a Warehouse Manager you will be running an operational section of the business, overseeing the vast activity to ensure that the business is meeting customers’ needs and pushing to exceed them at all times.
This opportunity covers day shifts (any 5 from 7), running a warehouse of up to 50 operatives.
Reporting into the Site Operations Manager, you will hold primary responsibility for the effective running of our 60,000ft2 warehouse.
The Duties of the Job:
- Having a clear operational plan – always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences etc.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members in line with the values and behaviours.
- Evaluate the performance of permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal & professional development.
Requirements of the job:
- Strong stock management/inventory experience
- Experience working in a similar, task based role within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent management style – encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be.
- An innovative approach to leadership – being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance.
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Strong IT skills, having a good understanding of computers (Excel and MS Office Suite) and Warehouse Management Systems.
If you would like to know more information about the role please dont hesitate to contact me directly on 01 4744652 - email@example.com.
Pamela Hughes - Supply Chain & Logistics Consultant at Sigmar Recruitment.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.