Engineering Manager - Firmware
You will be manager of and a core contributor to the Firmware Team, responsible for designing, developing, testing, and delivering firmware for next generation technology.
- Manages activities of the firmware engineering team.
- Coaches and mentors the firmware engineering team members.
- Performs hiring for the firmware team, including screening applicants and interviewing.
- Perform administrative managerial duties, including performance reviews and employee assessments.
- Coordinates firmware release activities.
- Perform project management duties.
- Define software architecture for product platforms.
- Develops software requirements for products.
- Oversees data protocol messaging required to transfer feature specific data between device, cellular network and backend IT systems.
- Develops software source code for products.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Includes systems modeling, experimentation and data analysis, and system testing.
- Incorporates technologies from multiple disciplines including software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, electro-magnetic, digital signal processing and control theory.
- Designs changes to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible to assist the QA team in test plan creation and review.
- Coordinate with the ODM manufacturer to release and maintain products.
- Make recommendations to the future direction of the products.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing firmware in the embedded microprocessor electronics industry.
- 10+ years of experience writing software in C/C++ in an embedded environment with an understanding of assembly language.
- 3+ years of experience leading projects and other team member activities.
- Experience using one or more networking protocols, communication protocols and peripherals, such as LTE, WiFi, BT, BTLE, GPS, UDP or TCP/IP.
- Experience with embedded Linux, Yocto and ADB.
- Experience or knowledge in OBD-II communications and automotive computer topology.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.