Role: Our client is a leading energy business in the Irish market who is hiring a CAD Technician to join their team in Dublin. In this job, you would be a part of a company that is at the forefront of energy innovation and seeks to deliver high quality service and efficient operation across the high voltage electricity system. As a CAD Technician, you will produce CAD drawings to aid grid connection and development, including general arrangement drawings and single line diagrams. This job would present a great opportunity to progress towards assisting with the annual transmission maintenance plan and providing support with asset management standards and policies. If you are interested in the job described, you can read more details below to see if the role of CAD Technician would be right for you.
- Providing CAD expertise by producing drawings for the client’s project engineers and managers.
- Producing Single Line Electrical Diagrams (SLDs) for transmission stations.
- Developing standard drawings for SLDs, station sites and building layouts.
- Detailing drawings for transmission infrastructure functional specifications.
- Producing wayleave drawings along transmission line routes.
- Developing and maintaining a library of standard drawing components for 3D station layouts and SLDs, as well as a drawing register to track the status and history of CAD drawings on the system.
- Managing CAD work requests from internal stakeholders.
- Identifying new opportunities for using CAD in the organisation’s engagement with stakeholders.
- 2+ years’ post-qualification experience in an engineering role.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Competent using AutoCAD 2015 or later to produce design drawings, SLDs, maps and station layouts.
- Able to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely fashion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Able to track and monitor key tasks and take responsibility for own targets.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team where you will be able to guide, persuade and influence others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Autodesk 3D CAD & BIM products (Revit, AutoCAD Plant3D).
- Experience collecting and using LiDAR survey data.
- Building standard and regulation knowledge (CIBSE Technical Guides, DHPLG Building Regulations).
- Knowledge of transmission system planning and operations.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.