Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of daily operations on site, from raw material intake, through production, to finished product dispatch.
- Work together with our Quality Manager to ensure compliance to BRC standard and all relevant Food Safety Standards
- Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure plant preventative maintenance plan is followed to maintain high standards
- Ensure that our service level meets our customers’ expectations
- Taking accountability for your team’s delivery against all departmental KPIs, highlighting potential risks and identifying solutions ahead of time (including H&S, quality, labour and waste).
- Managing and coaching your team to be highly effective in their roles whilst minimising short and long-term skills gaps: reviewing performance, identifying & creating training needs and development opportunities.
- Ensuring compliance to all company policies and procedures, systems and paperwork
- Championing continuous improvement with your team
- Liaising closely with other teams to advise on production capabilities
We’re looking for an inspirational and decisive leader with proven success in a food manufacturing or FMCG environment. A good understanding of the technical and quality aspects of food production is essential along with a solutions-led approach to ensuring the continual smooth running of the production function. Excellent communication and organisation skills coupled with the ability to recognise training needs are also vital so that you can lead a team. You must also have outstanding people management and leadership skills with a natural flair for engaging, supporting and motivating your team to excel.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Lean manufacturing qualification beneficial
- 5 Years+ experience in a similar role, preferably in Food / FMCG
- Proven ability to apply key continuous improvement principles in a fast-moving production environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and lead
- IT literate, in particular, experience of Microsoft Office applications
- Be a self- starter in order to achieve tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction for others.
- Take decisions as appropriate whilst at the same time ensuring others do likewise.
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Continually seeks out opportunity, practising and encouraging a culture of strategic excellence.
- Develop networks and identify resources as and when necessary.
- Develop trust in people and be willing to smooth relationships and advise and assist others.
- Be proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.