My client, a leading Medical device company is looking for an experienced Director of Operations to lead their Galway site. As well as having full P&L responsibility for the plant. you will also oversee the productivity, quality and efficient delivery of products and services to the customers.
- Create a long term vision and goals for the site and strive to achieve these in the medium to longer term,
- Responsible for the overall Profit and Loss of Galway and accountable for achieving EBITDA growth targets and maximum return on invested capital by continuously improving year on year Financial performance metrics.
- Lead and coordinate Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities, EH&S Continuous Improvement, HR, Planning and to continuously improve year on year Quality performance metrics.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement culture and training for the location
- Create and lead a culture of continuous improvement and actively seek best practices across the group to embed them into the Galway site.
- Support and jointly lead the Product Introduction function for the site including business, technical, and business process oversight.
- Develop annual financial plans with the Financial Planning and Analysis function to support continuous growth and cost improvements.
- Participate in Sales Development by working directly with the Sales department to develop customer relationships and close sales.
- Support Customer Operations activities within the facility including quoting and customer service.
- Recommend and execute personnel actions including hiring, promotions, performance reviews and any disciplinary measures.
- BS Engineering, MBA and appropriate continuing education
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in a world class manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated P&L management experience in a technically driven environment
- Knowledge of complex manufacturing to include machining, metals processing, fabrication and product assembly.
- Must have demonstrated success in leading new process development and new product launch systems.
- Working knowledge of capacity planning and logistics management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex manufacturing technologies and developing financial plans to make technology investments return positive financial returns.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee engagement and team building skills across multiple sites
- Ability to interface with customers, problem solve and drive solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Knowledge of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485-2003, 510k and medical regulatory issues
- Lean Manufacturing and continuous process improvement experience
- Strong communicator: written and verbal (one-on-one and group)
- Willingness to travel globally
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate deep technical material
If you are interested in this role please send your resume to email@example.com or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.