Sigmar are looking for a Chemical Engineer for a pharmaceutical company known for its high performance on its own market.
As a Chemical Engineer will have a cross-functional position between the technical support and continuous improvement, for that your tasks will be :
Continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma methodologies:
- Leading and active participation in projects, system failure investigations and investigation reports,
- Execution/development of change controls
- Contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate.
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures, substandard performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.;
- Implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
Technical support for manufacturing and new product introduction:
- Design/Author/Review/Approve/Execute process development studies in support of new product introduction and ongoing manufacturing support.
- Provide technical input into quality notification by authoring/reviewing/approving investigations.
- Execution of equipment/qualification validation programs; including re-qualification and re-validation
- Design/Author/Review/Approve/Execute qualification/validation documentation and studies in line with the standard approval process
- Perform data analysis and make informed decisions/recommendations around conclusions reached from data analysis
- Accountable for compliance via documentation completion, risk assessments, closing out corrective action, participate in audits and inspections and proactively highlighting any issues around compliance.
The next Chemical Engineer must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline.
2 year ‘experience in a manufacturing environment ideally GMP setting and Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices are desirable. Including equipment and process validation, sterile filling processes and equipment and Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired.
To be successful in that position, the following soft skills are highly recommended:
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues and with external customers in a team orientated manner
- Customer service, vendor liaison, negotiation skills
- Strong influencing skills, flexible approach, training skills
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Demonstrable analytical and systematic problem-solving skills
- Strong change management skills, project management skills, effective conflict resolution skills
- Business acumen, financial awareness, strategy development, goal/results orientated
You are interested in that job position? Dont wait any longer, send us your CV!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.