Sigmar are looking for a Process Chemical Engineer for a fast-growing pharmaceutical company.
As a Process Chemical Engineer you will be responsible for providing the technical support to operational areas, while ensuring system compliance (site standards and procedures) & maintaining a high level of performance. Your tasks will mainly be:
- Responsible for ensuring that the administration of GMP computerised systems in your remit is carried out in a manner which ensures the integrity of the data created, modified, or maintained on the systems.
- Conduct incident & deviation investigations within the department in an efficient and timely manner to meet procedural timelines for review and close out.
- Lead proactive problem solving efforts and resolves process equipment issues, diagnoses technical problems and determines short-term and long-term solutions.
- Responsible for expediting CAPA implementation pertaining to Manufacturing Operations Dept. raised incidents/deviations in line with target completion dates.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with cGMP, ISO 14001, Health & Safety Legislation and Environmental Legislation, and also all site standards, policies, and procedures. Support other sections to ensure such compliance also.
- Manage and/or support activities to maximise value (e.g. increase revenue, reduce costs) such as (but not limited to) process optimisation, waste reduction/recycling, energy saving etc.
- Co-ordinate continuous improvement activities in the area through the application of Lean Six Sigma. Lead CI forums to identify and review the progress of improvement initiatives to ensure benefits are realised.
- Manage and/or support technology transfer for new technologies and processes, as required.
- Works with management and staff to foster an ethos and culture of safety awareness, where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- In support of operations, performs the normal work as carried out by process operators or team leaders as required.
- Participate in the preparation, periodic review and update of Production SOPs or related documentation as required.
- Complete assigned LMS training items in line with target completion dates.
- Participate in training of staff so that staff are well trained to safely and effectively carry out their roles in the organisation.
The next Process Chemical Engineer must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Biomedical/Engineering and 2 year ‘experience in a similar position. Experience in a cGMP including pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and food industry is required. A good understanding filtration and purification technologies and processes, experience with process control systems, process instrumentation, equipment qualification, and process validation are necessary. Knowledge about control systems (DCS or PLC) is advantageous.
To successfully accomplish your duties, it is important to have:
- Ability to work effectively using own initiative or as a member of a team as required, ability to prioritize multiple commitments and technical projects, ability to successfully progress projects independently, provide process engineering design, implementation/commissioning services and maintenance support of cGMP manufacturing,
- Possesses excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal communication and written communication skills,
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills including Lean Six Sigma proficiency to at least Yellow Belt level.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a company where a great work atmosphere and career progression are met? You are at the right place, send us your CV!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.