You will be providing leadership and setting the strategic direction for the Materials Management Team. You’ll seek to drive improvements to the Materials Management department’s performance metrics on quality, service and cost. You’ll be overseeing the planning and procurement processes along with leading your team through their day to day work.
- You will manage the department’s Strategy, Objectives & Metrics
- You will build a strong and sustaining Relationship with the companies’ Global teams in Supply chain Planning, Production, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Engineering and NPD to ensure that Materials Management Performance Goals and strategies are achieved
- You’ll Lead the Planning and Purchasing Teams to establish the monthly processes and ensure that a detailed production and purchasing Plan is agreed with the Global end to end companies’ teams and 3rd party material suppliers
- You will co-ordinate a Monthly Supplier Performance Review in conjunction with supplier quality, supplier engineering and the incoming inspection teams
- You’ll be responsible for Achieving Targets in key service areas such as back orders, fill rates, inventory safety stock thresholds, production schedule adherence and product lead times
- You will Drive Operational Excellence in the Materials function to eliminate waste, improve effectiveness, maximize resources and improve safety
- You’ll provide Guidance & Training to staff, while Motivating and Developing the team to achieve results through coaching, mentoring, and recruiting to maintain a high calibre staff.
- You will be responsible for developing the Budget for the department and operating to that budget to achieve cost objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- You’ll need your Level 8 Degree in a related field
- 8+ Years’ Experience in a similar role, including People Management Experience
- Experience with ERP System a must e.g. SAP, Rapid Response, Oracle
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.