- Reporting to the Group Chief Accountant (GCA), the Financial Accountant will be responsible for preparing the month end accounts for a specific company within the company
- You will be responsible for submitting timely and accurate accounts in line with month end deadlines
- You will be a key member of the group finance team based in Galway.
- This finance role is undertaken by delivering a consistent high-level service in line with the Company’s Group’s policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company’s Vision, Mission and Strategy.
- The successful applicant will be expected to work to tight deadlines have strong technical skills an eye for detail
- Preparation of monthly accounts for a specific company in line with month end reporting deadlines
- Coordinate monthly closing process, review of key areas, prepare Opex commentary for submission to Group Finance
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet items and preparation of monthly files.
- Be responsible for the preparation and filing of VAT returns.
- Authorise payments to ensure they are valid and accurate
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits. Preparation of statutory accounts for review by GCA
- Managing 3rd Party relationships effectively
- Manage cash flow including review of weekly forecast. Oversee Payroll and its analysis
- Processing of invoices (incoming and outgoing) which involves ensuring correct approvals are obtained for all expenditure and that invoices and VAT elements are recorded correctly in the accounts.
- A part qualified or recently qualified Accountant
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (6 months to 3 years)
- Experience of dealing with 3rd party relationships Track record of process improvement
- Working VAT knowledge Payroll/PAYE knowledge
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge
- Comfortable with your ideas and can challenge the status quo as we appreciate your uniqueness and celebrate differences
- The successful applicant will be expected to work to tight deadlines have strong technical skills an eye for detail.
To apply for this position please contact Ciara Darcy at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455309 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.