Our client currently has a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer, this role will suit a Developer who has a strong interest in technology, enjoys problem solving and is willing to take the initiative and drive change.
This is a demanding but rewarding position for someone with significant development experience who can self-manage projects and lead more junior colleagues.
This is a US company and development teams are small and cross functional and are made up of Developers and QA. They primarily work to scrum methodologies on projects in Android, Java, SQL, Nodejs and AngularJS.
The teams use common API patterns such as REST, SOAP and AMQP.
As well as product development, teams are involved in maintaining and extending devops pipelines to deliver their software into cloud providers.
The role responsibilities:
- Produce state of the art technical designs, software, test and document assets
- Evaluate technologies and innovate on product architecture
- Be a strong advocate of good agile development practices (eg code reviews, automated test, continuous integration, continuous delivery etc)
- Work closely with developers, QA team, customer support and product management on delivering and supporting services.
- A Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience full stack development in web and/or mobile applications
- Commercial experience in Database Schema Design
- Good knowledge of frameworks such as Spring, Angular JS
- Great object-oriented skills
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Experience using tools such as Cucumber, Git, Jenkins and Docker
Additional experience needed though not essential!
- Security experience
- Android development
- Microservice architectures
- Message queue/broker / MQTT
- Amazon Web Services / Serverless architecture
- Developing automated test frameworks
- Database Query Optimisation
- UX experience
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 091 455 308. Your details will be kept confidential and Sigmar will never contact a third party with your information without your prior permission.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.