A well known Irish media company is seeking a Financial Controller to join their team. This is a newly created role by the media company which will report into the Group Financial Controller.
- Organizing and leading the production of consolidated monthly management accounts together with supporting financial analysis and commentary to tight deadlines.
- Production of annual published financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- The management and coordination of the annual statutory audit together with the management of the key relationship with auditors.
- Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of annual group budgets together with monthly forecasts.
- The management of all day to day aspects of the Group Treasury function including cash/banking and foreign exchange hedging matters.
- The management of all day to day tax compliance matters covering all relevant taxes including PAYE / PRSI, VAT, Withholding Tax, RCT, Corporation Tax including liaising and communication with tax advisors and the Revenue Commissioners as appropriate.
- Preparation and review of month end accounts and forecasts for Finance division and Corporate Centre.
- Management of the day to day activities including Payroll, Fees, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- The maintenance and review of internal financial controls.
- Leadership, motivation and management of personnel in the above functions as appropriate.
- Candidates must be qualified members of a recognized professional body of accountants with at least 7 years of relevant post-qualification experience.
- The successful candidate must prove significant expertise across the areas specified above.
- Very strong accounting, taxation, systems, and management skills are essential.
- Detailed knowledge of both IFRS and of other appropriate current professional accounting and audit standards is also required. Experience in treasury management and banking matters are also desirable.
If you meet all the above please apply via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aoife in Sigmar Accountancy on 01 4744691
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.