My client is currently for a H&S Manager to join their team. This is a 2-year fixed term contract and the salary is €65k - €70k
The Duties of the job:
- Carry out a full review of current health and safety practices across all sites and prepare a change management programme to address issues and highlight areas for improvement.
- Development, communication and implementation of Health and Safety plans, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with national, international and legal requirements.
- Monitor performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies
- Lead the preparation, review and communication of the Safety Statement and Safety Management systems and practices across all sites
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as necessary operating within legislative guidelines
- Prepare and deliver safety briefings to communicate the findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues
- Work closely with the site managers and Head of Departments and assist with the drafting and communication of method statements for high risk activities
- Work with the safety management team to assess the training needs of all employees
- Where appropriate, take the lead on the design and delivery of training and ensure all records are stored and maintained
- Initiate a behavioural safety programme, in conjunction with management teams, across all sites Develop and carry out risk assessments on all sites
- Prepare ongoing analysis and regular reports of unsafe accidents and incidents for the Exco
- Working with safety management team take the lead on the development and maintenance of emergency preparedness and response procedures for all sites
- Advise the senior management team on legislative requirements, standards and codes of practice
- Work with the safety management team to ensure best practice is followed across all sites
The Requirements of the job:
- Must hold a minimum level 8 degree in Health and Safety Management or equivalent
- 10 years previous experience working within a fast-paced environment, preferably within the manufacturing industry
- Experience working with cross functional teams and leading projects
- A project management qualification is desirable coupled with a qualification in the energy/environmental arena a distinct advantage
For more information please don't hesitate to contact me directly on 01 4744652 - email@example.com
Pamela Hughes - Recruitment Consultant at Sigmar Recruitment
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.