I am currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager for my client in the retail industry. Salary is €52k plus benefits.
The Duties of the job:
- Be Innovative and drive improvements in property safety standards (Fire, Petroleum, construction & maintenance) for the ROI business including stores, shopping centres and distribution, ensuring that there are appropriate guidance and support to make the business a safe place to work and shop.
- Ensure there is a design validation process in place to ensure our systems are compliant with law and guidance.
- Provide guidance and support to our Property teams, external contractors and suppliers regarding the safe installation of design standards in relation to all development and refurbishment projects.
- Ensure that for all new properties there is a robust procedure in place for the handover, testing, certificating and documenting storage of Property safety systems from the property Dept to Retail, including providing relevant training.
- Provide expert advice in relation to our obligations regarding maintenance and inspection routines for Fire safety systems, statutory inspections and Planned Preventative Maintenance routines.
- Fulfil the statutory role of Project Supervisor for the Design Stage, including the preparation of Pre-construction plans and H.S.A notification for relevant projects in accordance with construction legislation.
- Ensure that risk assessments are in place and reviewed across the estate for each property.
- Communicate technical and legal requirements in a simple and engaging way.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Degree or equivalent in health and safety
- Member level accreditation of appropriate professional body
- CIF/IOSH PSDP qualification
- Management experience in the construction, petroleum and/or retail environment.
- Policy development and implementation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
For more information about the role please dont hesitate to contact me directly on 01 4744652 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Hughes - Recruitment Consultant at Sigmar Recruitment
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.