My client is looking for a Financial Accountant for the maternity leave cover.
The company is responsible for an annual budget of circa €165m and its Finance and Corporate Services department is responsible for the overall governance of the Authority.
- Support the Financial Controller (FC) in ensuring funds are disbursed in line with agreed policies, procedures, and agreements
- Provide timely, accurate and complete financial information to the management team on a regular basis
- Provide support to the wider finance team assisting with Month and Year End reporting and Internal, External and European Audits
- Preparation of monthly drawdown and management reports
- Management and preparation of Tax returns including VAT, RCT, Withholding Tax and P30
- Management of month end process including preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of Commitments schedules ensuring accurate reporting of same and ensuring amounts are in line with contractual agreements
- Review monthly payroll and validate all payroll deductions
Validate annual pension entitlement figures prior to the production of pension benefit statements
- Lead and/or assist the coordination of Internal audits and implementation of audit findings
- Input into the preparation of the annual budget and forecast and formal submission
- Identification of areas for systems and process improvements; and ensuring all policies and procedures are kept up to date
Full job spec on request
- Excellent IT skills and a working knowledge of accounting packages
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
If you are interested please do not hesitate to contact Justyna Pinkowska at Sigmar on 01 474 4646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.