Role: Our client is a leading energy business in the Irish market who is hiring a power systems engineer to join their team in Dublin. In this job, you would be a part of a company that is at the forefront of energy innovation in Ireland and the transition towards a low-carbon future. As a power systems engineer, you will oversee power grid system performance, including fault investigation, metering and energisation of plants and transmission connections. This job would present a great opportunity to work on projects within the transmission grid for a company that is committed to the safe operation and development of Irish power. If you are interested in the job described, you can read more details below to see if the role of Power Systems Engineer would be right for you.
- Developing energisation instructions for new and refurbished plants and connections to the transmission system.
- Developing station operating instructions for new transmission stations and revising existing ones when changes have occurred.
- Developing/revising system schematics and single line diagrams.
- Developing functional specifications for new connections.
- Assisting with scoping and preparation of capital approvals for system protection projects.
- Coordinating activity with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- 2+ years of post-qualification experience in the power/transmission sector.
- Electrical engineering degree or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Full drivers license.
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
- A strong team player, who is detail and quality oriented.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of substation design, protection schemes and HV Primary Plant.
- CAD experience.
- MS SharePoint experience.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.