Job Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: East Galway
Company type: Manufacturer, under 200 employees on site (Ireland)
Contract type: Permanent
This opportunity will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work as part of the onsite Management Team in a broad HR role covering responsibility for benefits administration, employee relations, training & development, performance management, onboarding, policy interpretation and implementation of employment law compliance.
This is a new role for the Galway site, giving the new Senior HRBP the opportunity to really make a difference.
Senior HRBP Job Responsibilities:
- Determine and recommend HR policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partner with supervisors and managers to communicate HR policies and procedures.
- Counsel and guide managers and supervisors on problem issues. This will extend from individual problem resolution to group issues and to interpersonal relationships. Ensure that conflict is speedily resolved.
Change Management (CI & Strategy):
- Lead the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Develop and sustain continuous improvement initiatives. Project lead on HR related initiatives as required.
- Support the introduction of new systems/ways of working to ensure an efficient service for all.
Organisational Structure and Talent Management:
- Recruitment and offers of employment to agreed level.
- Management of the on-boarding process for new hires, ensuring specific support is provided for new hires during the initial introductory and probationary phases of employment
Compensation and Benefits
- Manage and co-ordinate company recognition and total reward processes in conjunction with senior management.
- Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
Training and Development
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Ensure managers are equipped with the necessary skills to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
HR Activities & Development:
- Manage day to day human resources operations to ensure professional service is provided at all times.
- Teach, lead and inspire employees to take complete ownership and pride of their duties
- Develop/challenge and motivate operations team members to maximise individual performance within the team environment.
Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies specialising in human resource management or similar
- 6+ years human resources experience with at least four of these in a HR leadership role.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, comp and ben, organisational planning, organisational development, industrial relations, employee relations, health & safety and training & development.
- Previous manufacturing experience is essential.
For further details or a more detailed job description, please feel free to contact me (confidentially) at email@example.com
Sigmar Recruitment Ltd will always respect your confidential information and never share your details with a third party without your prior consent.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.