They will be highly skilled and have the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team. They will have a heightened awareness of health and safety and also of lean operations.
- Observing all on site and legislative rules and regulations in terms of health and safety, food safety and environmental.
- Aptitude for electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, trouble-shooting experience gained in a high volume food or beverage processing environment
- Ability to remain calm and focused
- Complete electro-mechanical repairs to high speed food processing, handling and packaging equipment
- Technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant
- Input into the computer system and carry out preventive maintenance routines and work instructions
- Strong communication skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Open to new ideas/work practices with an understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks
- Update the Preventative Maintenance Management System including stores transactions and work carried out
- Ensure all parts are promptly ordered as required
- Responsible for completion of all Planned Maintenance Routines
- Utilisation of all resources such as manuals, service contracts and external contractors to aid in breakdown recovery.
- Control of contractors and acting as liaison person when required
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Electrician: 1 year (Preferred)
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.