Team Leader – Client Services/ Customer Service
As a Team Leader within Client Services you will be responsible for leading a team of people who provide support to customers, members and advisers. Your role will be to lead by example as a positive role model encouraging positive behaviours to create an effective team environment. You will set out and consistently apply the standards you expect to create an environment where people know what is expected of them. Once the framework is established you will be expected to build trust across the team, taking time to understand each team member’s strengths and development areas and working with them to build their knowledge, skills & help them to develop their career. You will be responsible for communicating to the team through a variety of methods including team meetings; 1:1 meetings; daily updates to ensure that all team members are aware of individual performance, team performance and products and procedures. You will work closely with your manager as well as the training and quality team and HR to ensure the team get the support they need and you develop the skills to support them effectively.
As a Team Leader you will be provided with support to complete a profession qualification to establish the regulatory knowledge and competencies required for the role.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Creation of a positive team environment with clear defined boundaries that enable staff to be focused whilst achieving progression.
- Proactive management of performance ranging from benchmark setting, performance review against target and management of underperformance where relevant.
- Responsibility for a team of people, with accountability for ongoing coaching, training planning and development of individuals across different levels to nurture talent and create succession planning within the department.
- Provide support and guidance covering product and procedural knowledge, particularly at times when the coach is not available.
- Review of your teams work through case review and call listening against a quality framework defining what good looks like - using coaching & feedback techniques to improve overall performance.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex or escalated cases providing guidance, taking manager calls or handling cases to lead by example.
- Interaction with other team leaders in the department to benchmark and collate a view of performance in the wider department.
- Assist with the overall performance of the department - ensuring team members are focused on the right tasks to handle volume across contact channels
- Communicate important messages to the team through team meetings, 1-2-1s etc. encouraging team members to take ownership for their learning where feasible.
- Accurately assemble records of knowledge & competency as well as personal conversations and interactions such as 1-2-1’s.
- Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues in Client Services and other departments.
- Promote our brand to drive revenue opportunities for the business.
Your Skills and Experience
- Validated experience of working within in a Contact Centre environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory role or of building relationships with a team
- Strong people skills and a desire to help others develop
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally or in writing, flexing approach to adapt to different needs.
- Committed to improving customer service to grow the business
- A positive attitude with a validated ability to troubleshoot problems and overcome adversity
- Insight into other areas and how these areas relate to the role of an associate within Client Services
- Proactive approach to finding information and offering improvement for others
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and ability to record keep
- Proactive team player with a desire to improve knowledge across the team and wider department
- Ability to work well under pressure and to take initiative to escalate issues as appropriate
- Strong sense of discipline with confidence to take on difficult conversations.
- Regulatory Obligations
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.