As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for monitoring and directing the day-to-day activities and performance of a manufacturing team, including adherence to the System for Management. This includes ensuring quality and production targets are met according to schedule and plan, personnel are properly trained and qualified, issues and deviations are appropriately contained and/or escalated according to established processes. This position supervises a team of Production Operators and reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Collaborate with core team (QA, QC, Engineering, Warehouse etc.) and perform walk abouts to ensure manufacturing areas are inspection ready at all times.
- Establish the expectation and standards, and the supportive environment, to ensure that staff has the capability to meet performance expectations. This includes building staff capability by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring of direct reports, providing timely recognition as well as performance counseling, building and executing development plans, and providing career counseling for career progression.
- Maintain expected standards by reporting weekly on leader standard work activity through standard tracking mechanism.
- Supervise daily manufacturing operations, ensuring production personnel execute their manufacturing activities in strict accordance with production batch records, SOPs, and cGMP guidelines.
- Maintain the weekly and daily production schedules and conduct with the supervisors of support functions daily Tier 2 meetings to review shift production goals and daily post-production meetings to review execution against the shift’s goals.
- Provide the manufacturing direction to employees through a daily Tier 1 meeting to ensure completion of daily manufacturing plan and targets as specified in the daily production plan.
- At daily Tier 1 meetings, assign daily duties and tasks to all manufacturing team members and ensure proper coverage of all equipment by trained, skilled operators.
- Perform production area clearances, short interval controls checks, and shift handovers according to defined procedures and the System for Management.
- Verify that production operators properly follow procedures and submit required documentation completely, accurately and timely according to current cGMPs.
- Maintain accountability for own team’s performance metrics that support the annual operating plan and site strategic plan objectives.
- Escalate production floor issues related to operations personnel and operations support personnel, safety, procedures, materials, process, equipment, automation, utilities, and/or information systems to Tier 3 according to manufacturing and site escalation process.
- Ensure manufacturing staff identify and document events that deviate from normal operations.
- Partner with QA to identify events that are deviations and support QA in the investigation, closure, and CAPA implementation for minor, as well as major and critical manufacturing-owned deviations.
- Ensure data reports on own team’s performance are current, accurate, and distributed according to defined procedures.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of all manufacturing documentation (SOPs, BMRs, On The Job aids) to ensure they are current, accurate, and clearly define process and role responsibilities.
- Seek process innovation and continuous process improvement in production area.
- Schedule and/or deliver training to manufacturing personnel to ensure staff has the requisite skills to perform manufacturing operations correctly, safely, and compliantly.
- Enforce cGMP, safety, housekeeping, and security procedures on the manufacturing floor, maintaining a safe working environment and promptly reporting incidents and accidents to site leadership.
- Provide hands on training, support, and coaching to production personnel on production floor and make timely decisions to ensure that performance Service Level Agreements (SLAs) can be met.
The next Manufacturing Specialist must have:
- The next Production Supervisor must have Leaving Certificate or equivalent, Third level degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience
- Experienced in aligning individuals and teams to business objectives
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing concepts
- Experience in managing by metrics
- Demonstrated success in supervising a team, preferably in a pharmaceutical production shop floor environment.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a business where career progress is possible? Are you willing to work with
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.