The Job Purpose
- To provide advice, guidance and support to all centres to comply with Company health, safety, hygiene and data protection procedures and to meet legal requirements
- To implement, monitor and audit the effectiveness of the Health and Safety Management System and Food Safety Management System across all centres
- To monitor and audit contractors who maintain the centres
- To support centres to investigate critical and serious incidents and ensure they are reported in line with Company procedures
The Duties of the job
- Be the primary contact for safety, health, food and hygiene and lead the management of these areas across all of the centres and our activities.
- To provide advice and support to all centres on all aspects relating to the company’s health & safety system, under the guidance and instruction of the Director of Childcare and Head of Compliance.
- To investigate any queries or complaints raised concerning health & safety issues as instructed by the Director of Childcare or Head of Compliance.
- To help write and implement suitable and sufficient risk assessments across all centres and activities. To assist and support staff review these documents periodically or following any accidents, incidents, near misses or changes to the environment or equipment.
- To undertake food, safety, health and data protection audits in all centres and covering all activities (including contractor management, transport and maintenance) to assess the effectiveness of implementation of Company Policies, Procedures and Management Systems.
- Checking monthly incident reports to ensure appropriate corrective action has been identified, implemented and that all issues raised are addressed.
- Liaise regularly with the Head of Compliance, UK Regional Advisor and Head of Catering to ensure policies and procedures in Ireland align with those in place in the UK.
- To keep up to date with legal changes, new legislation and guidance related to health, safety, hygiene and data protection.
- Assisting with new developments, acquisitions and projects relating to safety, health, hygiene.
- Deliver training to new staff, newly promoted or appointed Health & Safety representatives, Managers or chefs on the Company’s Health & Safety policies, procedures and requirements.
Requirements of the job
- Must have full driving Licence
- Health & Safety Qualifaction
- Must have knowlegdge of Health & Safety law, best practice company procedures.
- Good attention to detail & professional approach
- Willing to travel
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.