The job description of the Maintenance Manager:
- Ensuring plant site, buildings, machinery, and services, are maintained in optimum condition to meet the targets of the factory, maximizing uptime and plant reliability
- Maintaining plant safety compliance, safe standards of maintenance work and equipment upkeep, and statutory equipment certification
- The management and leadership of maintenance fitters and electricians
- Support craftsmen through both hands-on, and a positive culture of knowledge and skill sharing, to drive the overall performance of the team, to support a dynamic and innovative development of the factory
- Guiding these craftsmen in their work quality, and assist in problem solving and breakdown solutions
- Lead and motivate a Lean mindset in the team for the implementation of these goals
- Coordination of maintenance staff holidays, overtime, attendance, and general discipline and performance
- Management of spare parts stock control, and parts ordering including sourcing of better or cheaper parts and suppliers
- Management of contractors and external maintenance service providers
- Communication with production managers and operators to understand issues and devise appropriate solutions and improvements. Coordination and communication of all maintenance works with other relevant departments in the company
- Ensuring a rapid and effective response to production equipment problems whether actionable internally or requiring external assistance or specialists
- The maintenance, optimization, and trouble-shooting of automation equipment such as PLCs, computers and HMI units
- Proposing and implementing new productivity and cost reduction initiatives to improve production equipment performance and cost effectiveness, and maintenance expenditure optimisation
- Forecast, monitor, and drive energy efficiency in the consumption of electricity, oil, gas, and water.
Participate in the design and implementation of:
- World Class Maintenance principals and tools and implementation of the Gerflor Production System [ GPS] roll-out in the maintenance department, including work order system, CMMS stock control, and predictive maintenance programme
- Maintenance Department, Continuous Improvements and KPIs.
- Improved plant preventative maintenance programme and procedures
- Planning and coordinating plant shutdown maintenance works, including plant modifications, new processes, and capex projects
- Maintenance budgets forecasting and maintaining costs within planned targets
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and the implementation of corrective actions as part of plant-wide multidisciplinary teams such as Production, Quality, R&D, Engineering, etc.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further you can contact me directly on 01 4744652 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Hughes - Manufacturing & Supply Chain Consultant at Sigmar.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.