My client is currently in the process of building a 178,000 square foot distribution centre. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager looking to join a fast growing and dynamic retailer with big plans for the future.
This person is responsible for the warehouse operations, ensuring a safe work environment and staff training and housekeeping are maintained to the highest standards. Responsible for implementing agreed processes, driving and delivering ongoing process improvements. Ensure workload is distributed fairly and in accordance with procedures. Deliver the daily tasks focusing on accuracy and meeting agreed timelines.
The Duties of the Warehouse Manager:
- Lead and manage the team daily
- Responsible for the accuracy and delivery of all services provided by the warehouse
- Actively manage the work load using the hours available daily
- Monitor the activity reports / dashboards and react accordingly
- Manage holiday and sick leave in accordance to procedures
- Work with Transport Coordinator to ensure trailers are on time and in the right place daily
- Escalate any supplier issues in order to agree solution and follow up with supplier
- Responsible for ensuring staff training is on time and maintaining the training records for all staff
- Accountable for ensuring MHE certificates are up to date for all necessary staff
- Coordinate with HR training requirements, agree and implement the plan
- Communicate daily to the team
- Ensure staff meetings take place, minutes issued, and actions followed accordingly
- Responsible for ensuring MHE checks are in place and records are maintained for auditing
- Maintain IT Hardware ensuring all equipment is handled with care at all times
- Work and actively support the Logistics Quality Engineer on continuous process improvements
- Drive and deliver 5s Methodology
- Work closely with HR on staff disciplinary meetings
- Responsible for your direct report’s yearly appraisals
- Responsible for housekeeping in all areas of the warehouse
- Ensure all access, walkways and emergency exits are kept clear and all Health and Safety procedures are followed
- Ensure drivers adhere to yard rules and escalate as required to ensure action can be taken directly with supplier
Requirements of the Warehouse Manager:
- Must have 3-5years experience as a Warehouse Manager
- Strong people Management experience
- Previous experience & knowledge of WMS/Excel
- MHE Certification – Reach, Counter Balance, PPT, LLOP
For more information you can contact me directly on 01 4744652 - firstname.lastname@example.org and I will discuss the role in more detail.
Pamela Hughes - Supply Chain Recruitment Consultant at Sigmar.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.