Sigmar Recruitment have a great role available for a Senior Data Engineer role based in Dublin City Centre with a global cybersecurity company based in Dublin city centre.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the design, development and deployment of a large scale AWS Cloud based enterprise data integration and processing solution.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team on technology choices, design and implementation of data integrations.
- Continuous re-evaluation of existing data processing solutions to maintain optimal performance, data security and availability.
- Assure data quality using data cleansing techniques.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Documenting the configuration and operation of the data integration platform.
- Evaluation and adoption of suitable new technologies, for example No SQL and Graph Databases, Big Data tools
What you will need:
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills (Python preferred).
- Data Interchange: Developing with XML, JSON based technologies.
- Web Services: Developing and integrating web services (ReST, SOAP).
- Relational Database Skills: Experience writing SQL for data ETL.
- AWS Cloud: Experience developing/deploying in an AWS Cloud environment.
Desirable Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Big Data tools: Knowledge of big data tools, for example Elastic Search, Apache Kafka, Redis.
- Scala Development: Scala development experience.
- Deployment Containerization: Knowledge of Docker.
- Agile Methodologies: Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience in integration of monitoring systems (Zabbix, CloudWatch, Kibana) with ETL services.
To apply or for more info, contact Claire on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35314744637
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.