Our client is the technical design authority for the transmission system. The maintenance and engineering of this area which facilitates this role by developing technical standards and functional specifications for plants which are to be connected to the transmission system. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our client’s requirements are incorporated in project design and construction. You will further be responsible for ensuring system maintenance by developing policies and standards as well as identifying and prioritising activities. The department has a key role in translating identified system refurbishments and reinforcements from concept to completion.
- Developing and managing the Annual Transmission System Maintenance Plan. This includes both corrective and preventative requirements for stations, cables and lines. This will also include ongoing deferral/prioritisation of coordination and maintenance around outages.
- Responding to daily plant issues and coordinating to manage actions following system faults, and ensuring prompt response to faults.
- Project management for Maintenance Quality Assurance requirements and other related projects.
- Identifying and assessing assets for refurbishment, including scoping and capital approvals.
- Developing and managing asset management plans, policies and standards including R&D and implementation of new approaches and systems.
- Reporting as required on all projects within area of responsibility.
- 4+ years’ post qualification experience in the power/transmission sector.
- Able to create innovative solutions to complex problems in a timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management skills, with ability to develop and lead on projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Packages.
- Full driver’s license.
- Knowledge of transmission system planning/operations.
- Previous experience managing transmission assets.
- ISO 55001 knowledge
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.