Software Engineering Director - SAAS platform
My client has an immediate opening for an experienced Director of Engineering to augment our growing technical team. You will lead a dynamic team of developers and will be responsible for delivering our the next generation of the business platform. The team’s overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from our service.
- Lead and manage software development teams to build and maintain the SaaS platform
- Comfortable managing multiple teams of 3-6 developers per team
- Recruit top talent to build a strong team in a rapidly growing environment
- Create a fun and productive development environment
- Work with functional and technical teams to deliver product
- Coordinate releases that span multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Mentor team members for career growth and personal development
- Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and ensure that features meet requirements
- Keep feature stakeholders informed throughout the development cycle
- Plan, estimate, schedule and deliver on-time, high quality product
- Participate in code reviews, pull requests, architectural whiteboarding sessions etc.
- Reports to the CTO
- A leader, not just a manager, who can motivate teams and manage a dynamic development environment
- Passionate about software development and customer satisfaction
- Someone who has successfully managed teams of developments to deliver and support product
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse teams within the organization
- 5+ years managing development teams including experience working within a global environment
- 5+ years commercial enterprise software experience
- Developed in a SaaS environment, understanding the benefits and impacts on customers
- Multiple years of OO software design and development experience
- Strong Agile development background with a focus on TDD and quality process automation
- Prior experience with AWS or Azure cloud platforms is highly desirable
- Prior development experience with .NET, C# and SQL Server would be beneficial
- You know SOA inside out and have built scalable, secure ReST based services and Microservices
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
- Excellent communication skills to keep everyone informed and motivated
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
About the company
- We’re growing fast in a very exciting global sector.
- We’re ambitious with further expansion plans for Europe and the USA
- We’re state of the art when it comes to technology and process – we use AWS, .NET Core, and Microservices & more
- We value our team members and compensate competitively
- A great location, close to the Luas, plenty of bus routes, secure onsite bike parking.
- We move quickly and expect our team members to be agile, innovative and adaptive
- We’re passionate about technology and delivering value to our customers
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.