Role: Senior Cost Accountant
Location: Galway City
Industry: Medical Device
- Responsible for the development of raw materials, work in process and finished goods standards.
- Performs the reconciliation of inventory between the general ledger and the computerized perpetual system (Oracle).
- Develops and reports methods of evaluating company profitability and costs for Senior Management.
- Develops costing methods and systems for manufacturing divisions.
- Development of Direct Labour Standards for each product.
- Develops the Overhead Application Rate to be used by the product line based on direct labour.
- Works with the Operations Department to develop systems and controls to track the movement of inventory and improve accuracies.
- Assists in the implementation and development of an MRP II system.
- Develops systems to improve departmental efficiencies.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 4 + years of demonstrated process cost accounting experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Effectively and consistently meet time deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Must be self-motivated and has excellent communication skills.
- A basic understanding of Activity-based costing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
To apply for this position please send your CV in confidence to Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – email@example.com or call 091-455309 Please note; your CV will not be forwarded to a third party prior to the role being discussed in full with you.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.