Health & Safety Officer/Advisor roles in the construction industry including with an M&E Contractor and Civil Engineering company.
• Maintain and Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems
• Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
• Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate)
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site
• Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately
• Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
• Hold a relevant H&S Qualification
• Excellent knowledge of ROI legislation
• Full Clean Driving licence
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Expertise in gap analysis
• Excellent reporting skills
• Willingness to travel as required
• Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas
• Motivated and diligent individual
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland
If interested or know someone who may be interested please call Éamonn on 019619724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.