The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring and directing the day-to-day activities and performance of a manufacturing team ensuring production targets are met. You will also be responsible for the following duties;
- Collaborate with core teams (QA, QC, Engineering, Warehouse etc.) and perform walk abouts to ensure manufacturing areas are inspection ready at all times.
- Establish the expectation and standards, and the supportive environment, to ensure that staff has the capability to meet performance expectations. This includes building staff capability by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring of direct reports, providing timely recognition as well as performance counseling, building and executing development plans, and providing career counseling for career progression.
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will maintain expected standards by reporting weekly on leader standard work activity through standard tracking mechanism.
- Supervise daily manufacturing operations, ensuring production personnel execute their manufacturing activities in strict accordance with production batch records, SOPs, and cGMP guidelines.
- Maintain the weekly and daily production schedules and conduct with the supervisors of support functions daily Tier 2 meetings to review shift production goals and daily post-production meetings to review execution against the shift’s goals.
- Provide the manufacturing direction to employees through a daily Tier 1 meeting to ensure completion of daily manufacturing plan and targets as specified in the daily production plan.
- At daily Tier 1 meetings, assign daily duties and tasks to all manufacturing team members and ensure proper coverage of all equipment by trained, skilled operators.
- Escalate production floor issues related to operations personnel and operations support personnel, safety, procedures, materials, process, equipment, automation, utilities, and/or information systems to Tier 3 according to manufacturing and site escalation process.
- Partner with QA to identify events that are deviations and support QA in the investigation, closure, and CAPA implementation for minor, as well as major and critical manufacturing-owned deviations.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of all manufacturing documentation (SOPs, BMRs, On The Job aids) to ensure they are current, accurate, and clearly define process and role responsibilities.
- Provide hands on training, support, and coaching to production personnel on production floor and make timely decisions to ensure that performance Service Level Agreements (SLAs) can be met.
- Carry out one to one meetings with at least one direct report weekly.
The next Manufacturing Supervisor should have a minimum of three years supervisory experience with exposure to lean manufacturing concepts. You should demonstrate excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
If you are looking to join a growing company where there are excellent opportunities for career progression then apply now!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.