A leading Irish insurer based in West Dublin is seeking to hire an Underwriting Governance Specialist on a 12 month maternity cover contract.
The role will involve working in a quality assurance capacity ensuring consistency with processes for the Underwriting department.
- Participate in testing/assessment of existing internal controls and assist in development of new controls
- Assess underwriting activity to identify premium, product and operational risks and controls
- Design effective quality assurance reviews in conjunction with underwriting managers
- Conduct internal audits
- Work with other departments to continually strengthen company control structures
- Identify weaknesses in existing report parameters and seek to rectify
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a risk and controls role in financial services
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role desirable
- Ideally experienced in an underwriting role in insurance but candidates from other backgrounds will be considered
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
If you are interested in the above role, or in speaking about other available opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Colin on (01) 4744608.
View my current vacancies here
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.