Job: Senior Compliance Manager
Salary: €85K - €100K DOE + Annual Bonus of up to 10% of salary
Location: Dublin 4
- ACOI and/or audit-related qualification (e.g. Chartered Accountant);
- 5+ years’ compliance experience at a management level within the Financial Services industry;
- Strong knowledge of Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears, Consumer Protection Code and Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing legislation;
- Proven track record dealing with the Central Bank and/other regulators is essential;
- Excellent organisational, communication and analytical skill;
- Proven experience of managing and motivating a Compliance team;
- Experience of working in a cross-functional environment (Operations, I.T., etc.) and with outsourced providers;
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines;
- Enthusiastic and adaptable in a fast moving environment;
- Ability to influence others to achieve compliance objectives
- Continued review and implementation of the Compliance Programme;
- Identification, analysis and risk assessment of all relevant codes;
- Continued review, implementation and management of the programme to monitor compliance with relevant legislation and codes of conduct;
- Responsible for reporting and communication to management and Board;
- Full ownership of compliance management tools.
Compliance Culture/Change Management
- Drive compliance culture and agenda across the business;
- Work with Operations functions to develop and deliver the best possible approaches to achieve business objectives while ensuring that the business operates in line with relevant legislation and codes of conduct;
- Interpret and advise the Board and senior management team on the operational impact of regulatory changes and the regulatory impact of operational changes;
- Ensure appropriate compliance training completed by all relevant staff.
Anti-Money Laundering / Countering Terrorist Financing
- Full ownership of MLRO role for the company;
- Ensure AML/CTF risk assessment, policies and procedures are appropriate and implemented across the business;
- Manage transaction monitoring and screening processes undertaken by the company and by outsourced service providers.
- Manage the Compliance Team ensuring appropriate team objectives are set and achieved and the team is sufficiently resourced, skilled and developed;
- Ensure Compliance policies, procedures and tools are appropriate and implemented.
Central Bank of Ireland Reporting/Relationship
- Ownership of formal responses to Central Bank of Ireland enquiries and themed inspection reviews/visits;
- The main point of contact with the Central Bank of Ireland;
- Responsibility for review of regular Central Bank of Ireland reporting (e.g. Conduct of Business Return).
- Provide subject matter expertise on compliance related matters as part of the Management Team;
- Drive compliance related-projects;
- Liaise with Lone Star compliance team and Internal Audit as appropriate;
- Assist with the companies compliance with GDPR and data protection requirements.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.