Our client a Cork company has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer.
He/she will execute manufacturing engineering tasks under the direction of the plant manager
Role includes supporting daily production under the guidance of the Mech. Engineering teams onsite.
He she will undertake tasks which involve(s) all aspects of engineering to maintain process control while .
A passion for & practical familiarty with Lean Six Sigma Engineering required
Key duties will include but not limited to :
Purpose of the Job:
Controls and optimizes existing manufacturing processes
- Assists with standardization, efficiency and work flow optimization, & cost reduction
- Supports the company’s Lean Six Sigma initiatives (Kaizen activities etc.)
- Contributes to in-house services & outside suppliers for machine, equipment & tooling etc.
- Assists the manufacturing engineering team with the introduction of new manufacturing processes
- Updates and maintains pFMEA documentation
- Improves and maintains systems to keep process parameters within acceptable levels.
- Participates in & supports the daily operations & accountability systems.
- Performs time studies to establish standards for production activities
- Assesses workload, compiles task assignments & follows up to assure timely completion
- Experience within a Quality/GMP regulated industry.
- Competency in design concepts & mechanisms/assemblies etc.
- Ability to work in a team and on your own.
- Must have knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & related software applications.
- Analytical approach to potential problems and opportunities.
- Good communication skills and initiative.
Ability to meet challenging timelines
Keen to develop new areas of knowledge.
Strong in Engineering Design concepts.
A minimum B.Sc in Engineering preferrerd and/or a postgraduate position preffered.
In excess of 5 years industry experience in required .
For more information please call Colin on 021-4847131 or E-Mail email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.