Job title: Data Protection Specialist
Salary: Up to €65k, DOE
Location: South Dublin
Duration: Full-time, permanent
Our client, a well-established credit institution, is looking for a Data Protection Specialist to join their busy South Dublin office.
Reporting to the Data Protection Officer this role is based within the European Data Protection team. You will play a key role in delivering the Bank’s overall EU Data Protection/Privacy Strategy and risk management.
Strong working knowledge of EU Data Protection/Privacy laws and regulation with proven experience in practical application of international privacy laws in Financial Services is required.
Key responsibilities include providing privacy/data protection related advice and guidance on a variety of data privacy requirements including general data processing, new business initiatives and commercial offerings, third country data transfers, maintaining a register of processing activities, assistance with the investigation and management of potential data breaches, conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments, research into emerging privacy laws and trends, developing and delivering training etc.
- A relevant third level qualification (Law, IT, Cyber Security or related)
- A Data Protection qualification (CIPP/E, CIPM)
- 6+ years’ experience in Financial Services (Compliance, Legal, Risk, Internal Control) with Data Protection experience
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience of owning or being a major contributor group wide strategic projects from conception to delivery
- Previous management experience preferred.
If you are interested in this role or discussing any other roles that may be available, please contact Sarah at email@example.com or on 01 961 9725.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.