Looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for a leading electronics company based in Galway. The Irish division of the company has been established for over 30 years and is going through an expansion phase.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing Engineering support for all production activities across the plant.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of manufacturing process.
- Plan, lead, and manage execution of project activities within a cross functional team.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepare documentation for new and existing processes and engineering procedures. Develop manufacturing work instructions, process flow diagrams, procedures, and standard work using the engineering methods.
- Apply Lean manufacturing techniques to continuously improve cycle times and process flows.
- Act as the point of escalation for all production support related issues
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions
- Demonstrate technical ability through the application of engineering skills, approaches and knowledge
- Follow Quality requirements policies, procedures, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Perform all duties and directs others creating a safe working environment
- Ability to develop strong relationships
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field of engineering.
- Experience in analyzing process capabilities and developing and implementing product development plans and process improvement plans
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years related experience in an engineering role
- Machining, Welding, and Automation experience in a high volume assembly background is an advantage.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.