Job: Trainee Actuary
Location: Dublin 2
The successful candidate is required to have a third level degree (2.1 or higher) in financial or mathematical discipline and to be making progress in the actuarial exams of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
It is essential to have a minimum of 4 years of experience working in pensions consultancy, with experience of preparing actuarial valuation reports, actuarial funding certificates, and pension disclosures under FRS102. It would be advantageous to also have experience of some or all of the following:
- Advising companies on their pension liabilities;
- Advising companies and trustees on the restructuring of pension schemes;
- Severance schemes;
- Public sector occupational pension schemes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Very good knowledge of the Irish pensions environment.
- To assist the Senior Pensions Advisor in preparing reports and delivering advice to Government Departments;
- To attend meetings and maintain contact with Government Departments and State companies;
- To assist other NewERA team members in interpreting and analysing the pension disclosures in financial statements and other reports;
- To contribute to other NewERA assignments, as workflow demands.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.