The Field Support Engineer will be responsible for installation, performance maintenance, corrective repair and qualification of our portfolio of products in a blue-chip multi-sector environment. The role is customer facing and will require analysis and correction of systems installed on the customer’s premises
You would also be responsible for
- Delivering high quality service and support to customers, both face to face and remotely.
- Carry out routine maintenance, emergency repairs and general technical support for users of products in the region.
- Plan and deliver New Product Implementation, Scheduled Performance Maintenance, Qualification, System Relocations and Technology/Software Upgrades.
- When on customer site through diagnostics or observation ensure compliance to relevant legislation surrounding the product and its use.
- The Field Support Engineer will provide training and guidance to customer to ensure they maintain compliance and ensure the smooth safe operation of equipment in their laboratories, which may on occasions include supporting our Instrument Sales Function with demonstrations of relevant technologies in the portfolio.
- Provide training, guidance and support to more junior FSE’s in the field as required.
- Provide creative, innovative solutions to customer technical issues based on sound knowledge of product portfolio and strong scientific, up to date competency.
- Manage the customer relationship and liaise as appropriate with the relevant sales account manager for the customer, ensuring key focus on the customer and their needs are met.
- Effectively manage own dispatch, customer calls, administration and inventory ensuring you optimize your time and delivery against the metrics set within the business.
- Take responsibility and assist against aspects of customer escalations with a focus on Customer success.
- Follow Health & Safety quality and code of conduct with diligence and ensure that H&S requirements of customer sites are adhered to (in particular any Protective Personal Equipment is worn and in good condition).
- Work effectively across the matrix structure of the business and within the Service Team.
- The role may require overnight stays and provision of on-call service to facilitate support of customer environments and specific customer projects that fall outside of normal working hours.
The next Field Support Engineer should be qualified to degree level in a life-science related discipline with understanding of HPLC, UPLC, MS and a good understanding of GMP/GLP requirements.
You should demonstrate excellent communication skills with a high level of customer focus, who enjoys personal interaction and relationship building with key customers
If you're a recent graduate with industry experience and are looking to take the next step in your career get in touch now.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.