Job: Mortgage Credit Underwriter
Location: Dublin 4
Salary: 40K DOE
Contract: 6-month contract initially
- Degree in Business/Finance or equivalent;
- Desirable QFA but must be an Approved Product Advisor (APA);
- Previous credit underwriting experience;
- Experience of and ability to work in a fast paced and high energy environment;
- Credit Assessment - Ability to understand and appropriately utilise systems and processes for credit and operational risk assessment;
- Legal and Compliance – Ability to understand and utilise legislative requirements to meet regulatory obligations of the organization;
- Risk - Ability to assess and mitigate risk for the benefit of the organisation;
- IT Knowledge - Ability to understand and utilise technology to achieve required position outcomes;
- Accuracy and Quality - Ability to deliver good quality and accurate work;
- Analytical Thinking - Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach;
- Customer Service and Commercial Awareness – The drive to understand, agree and satisfy customer requirements (internal & external) and deliver a high-quality service to them. Also, an awareness of the commercial impact of what you do;
- Delivery - Understanding that ‘delivery’ is paramount to business success and is committed to performing task and achieving results.
- Prepare, review and analyse the creditworthiness and risk implication of lending applications ensuring adherence to the company's policy and process measures always;
- Complete financial analysis narrative and make informed lending decisions;
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs and any other supporting documentation at the borrower level;
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data supporting applications as per agreed policy and criteria;
- Ensure the availability and accessibility of all necessary documentation.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure the Delegated Credit Authority is exercised;
- For applications above the delegated underwriting authority make recommendations and present to management;
- Proactively monitor credit policy and performance on an ongoing basis;
- Liaise with the company's internal Compliance team to ensure that all policies and procedures are in line with current regulation;
- Control the quality of the business approved by ensuring policy and process measures are adhered to;
- Ensure operational and regulatory compliance throughout the process.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote credit policy whilst maximising new opportunities;
- Provision of exemplary levels of service to both internal and external customers;
- Ongoing strong communication and turnaround times associated with business processing;
- Flexible yet commercially sound underwriting in line with guidelines.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.