Job: Compliance Officer
Location: Dublin 18
Salary: €45K DOE
- A relevant third level qualification (e.g. law, business, finance, etc.), Diploma in Compliance (or similar) beneficial;
- Previous experience (2 years +) within a compliance role i.e. Second line of defence;
- Experience of funds/custody regulation an advantage;
- Experience in Corporate trust or Asset Management environment an advantage.
- To support the Business Line Senior Compliance Manager/ Regulatory Specialist in their day to day duties;
- To participate in the drafting of Policies/ Frameworks and in the implementation of Compliance Policies and Frameworks;
- To assist in delivery initiatives under the Annual Plan;
- To assist in the implementation of significant Regulatory Change Projects;
- To support the lead or point person for one or more Compliance internal Programmes;
- To assist in the provision of Subject Matter Expertise for the Regulatory Change Management Process and to the First Line of Defence (FLOD) on the application of EU, Irish, UK and Guernsey regulation. This includes process change and new products reviews through the established internal processes such as Product Risk Management and the New Product Approval Process;
- To maintain good stakeholder engagement and build ongoing relationships with the FLOD to promote a culture of openness;
- To maintain a network of contacts within US Bancorp Corporate Compliance (in the United States) in areas relevant;
- To assist in the distillation, drafting and presentation of Compliance-related issues and regulatory requirements to both internal and external stakeholders, including the drafting of explanatory guidelines/documentation as required;
- Assisting in or managing elements of the team’s BAU activities to ensure they are completed on a timely basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Collaborative in approach with a strong emphasis on delivery and execution;
- Comfortable working as a self-starter and in a project management team;
- Ability to operate in a matrix organisation, build relationships across business lines;
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholder relationships and expectations and demonstrate sound communication, negotiating and influencing skills;
- Ability to think and act independently;
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical information (e.g. regulation) and apply such in a practical manner in an operational environment.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.