Sigmar Recruitment have a new role available for a Senior DBA with a security focus in a Global Fintech Company based in Dublin.
What you will do:
This position will report to the IT Security Manager, and the successful candidate will work with various technical, development, Q/A, UAT, project management and vendor groups.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Periodically review Oracle and SQL database environments for compliance with company security policies and standards and make recommendations for improving security.
- Regularly assess and keep current database policies and standards to address potential vulnerabilities introduced by new versions or technologies.
- Conduct ad hoc and scheduled risk assessments, audits, system reviews and vulnerability scans. Using a combination of automated tools, manual methods, and interviewing techniques to gather the information necessary to provide written reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Ensure (audit) that powerful database accounts are restricted and stored in Total Privileged Access Management (TPAM) appliance.
- Participate in the incident response team in a hands-on, technical role. Identify the root cause of security incidents.
- Recommend and implement solutions for limiting the scope of the incident. Work with senior management to recommend and implement additional controls to prevent future incidents.
- Deploy and maintain the database monitoring infrastructure, administering the rule base, generating reports, notification and investigation of policy violations.
- Deploy and administer the database encryption infrastructure, software, key management solution, generate reports and investigate general support issues.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Database and security certifications preferred: Oracle Certified Professional, MCDBA (Microsoft SQL)
- Four or more years supporting and maintaining an Oracle/MSSQL infrastructure in a distributed global environment.
- Two or more years’ experience securing a Oracle/MSSQL database environment.
- Must have experience in a similar work environment and role, with multiple priorities and deadlines on a daily basis with high attention to detail.
- Experience working in security-oriented, regulated environments.
- Experience with IBM Security Guardium
- Experience with Imperva SecureSphere DAM (not required but would be a plus)
- Experience with data encryption solutions (Oracle/MSSQL TDE, Guardium GDE, etc)
- Securing, monitoring and auditing Oracle and MSSQL database environments.
- Familiarity with best practices surrounding security incident response.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, qualify and report on database security issues.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed
To apply for this role or for more info, please contact Claire on email@example.com or call +35314744637
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.