Structural engineering is the discipline and skill of designing facilities so that they can safely resist the forces to which they may be subjected. Structural engineers are key creative members of the design team. They develop a safer built environment, sustainably
Structural engineers combine expertise with innovation to meet the challenge of design and deal with the design and construction of buildings, bridges and special structures. The aim is to design these structures safely, economically and elegantly. They form part of the team of professionals involved with construction projects and therefore work closely with architects, quantity surveyors and building services engineers as well as the client.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- Resolving problems
Required & Preferred Skills Set:
- Civil Engineering Degree required;
- Must be a car owener and hold full clean driving licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good Time Management skills;
- Problem solver with a pro-active approach;
- Strong PC skills
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.