Job: Litigation Team Leader
Location: Dublin 4
- Excellent, in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the mortgage environment with a number of years in Mortgage Repossession or Debt Recovery as well as Team Management essential;
- Minimum of 3 years people management experience;
- Excellent reporting/analytics and PC skills (use of the database, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook);
- Experience in managing 3rd party relationships;
- APA (Loans) or similar qualification is desirable.
- Point of expertise and knowledge in mortgages as well as repossession and judgement proceedings in the High Court and Circuit Court. Provide technical guidance to the team in relation to business decisions;
- Assist the Litigation Manager in managing the Team’s performance by driving, motivating and encouraging team members to meet agreed targets/objectives;
- Manage the distribution of litigation cases to the team on a monthly basis ensuring every team member is working to their maximum capacity;
- Engage with the Management Team with respect to the overall performance of the Litigation Department;
- Monitor/manage team records of all holidays, sickness, absences;
- Organise and monitor team overtime requests;
- Deliver training programmes to new hires and existing team members;
- Assist the Litigation Manager in the recruitment of new hires;
- Complete individual performance cards on a monthly basis for each team member and provide feedback;
- Manage the New Entrant process in line with the Central Bank’s Minimum Competency Code;
- As a member of ’s Credit Committee, assess cases for appropriate payment arrangements in line with the MARP framework;
- Meet with customers to resolve arrears problems and reach payment arrangements.
- Review and approve cases prior to issuing proceedings ensuring compliance with the CCMA before proceedings are issued;
- Review and approve cases prior to seeking an Order for Possession from the Courts ensuring all efforts to resolve the situation/come to an arrangement, have been demonstrated by the company;
- Review and approve cases prior to appointing a receiver ensuring all efforts to resolve the situation/come to an arrangement, have been demonstrated by the company;
- Liaise with the external panel of Solicitors to discuss problem cases and review service levels;
- Continuously liaise with the Litigation Manager to provide input for improvements, standardisation and streamlining of current litigation practices and systems;
- Create and automate a suite of reports to monitor compliance with the CCMA and/or ’s Litigation Procedures;
- Analyse and report on litigation cases that may pose a risk to the business;
- Use legal knowledge and sound judgement, deciding the course of action to be taken to prevent risk;
- Audit cases managed by the Litigation Executives/Solicitors for compliance with CCMA and ’s Litigation Procedures on a monthly basis. Provide feedback to team members and report results to the Litigation Manager;
- Review calls made by the Litigation Executives/Solicitors for compliance with CCMA and ’s Litigation Procedures on a monthly basis. Provide feedback to team members and report results to the Litigation Manager;
- Update the Litigation Procedures/Policy Manual.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.