Senior Technical Program Manager - Product
The Senior Technical Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing cross-functional areas of product development.
This position serves as a key liaison role between the senior leadership, product engineering, UX, and product management. In partnership with the product leadership team and technical project managers, the Program Manager will manage all aspects of the portfolio planning process.
The successful candidate will be an experienced senior portfolio/program manager who has strong experience in lean transformation, agile, particularly Kanban and of driving organisational change around process innovation and improvement, and associated KPI’s.
They will have a strong collaborative approach to enable the organisation to continue to achieve ambitious product and product development objectives with continuing strong growth in the organisation.
It offers strong personal and professional growth opportunities to the right person, where they will be able to have real impact on what is, arguably, Ireland’s most successful software company.
- Managing the annual process for R&D in developing the consolidated portfolio view across the product suite, working closely with Technical Project Managers, Development, Architecture, Operations and Support, UX and Product Leaders across all levels of the organisation (CxO, Managers, Team/Leads etc.).
- Own the build and consolidation of all engineering and UX product plans and roadmaps to build a single proforma view of the R&D annual portfolio roadmap, budget, finances and headcount plan.
- Build and own the resource planning model, tracking of execution against that plan, changes to the plan within the organisation headcount and budget targets.
- Coordinate and cooperate with Technical Project Managers in the execution and tracking of portfolio plans.
- As with normal portfolio and program activity, assessing portfolio issues and areas of risk and developing mitigation plans.
- Manage and drive the efficient planning and delivery of customer value within lean product delivery.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifying, measuring and improving metrics to track progress on continuous improvement and identify new improvement opportunities. Driving and supporting clan or organisation CI focus and the relentless elimination of waste activities.
- Take responsibility for special initiatives as required to support the CTO, VP of Engineering and overall R&D and Product Delivery organisations as required, in delivering value to internal and external customers and stakeholders (e.g. strategic acquisitions).
- Creation and delivery of Executive/C-Level material to support strategic and business objectives.
- Strong experience of leading large scale portfolio, however, will understand the challenge in maintaining and developing the “startup at scale” implementation.
- 5+ years program management experience with emphasis on a lean/continuous change environment.
- Proven knowledge and experience in driving positive change and organisation transformation with Lean, Agile, Kanban and related methodologies and managing large programs of work in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of work across multiple products and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and linking corporate, divisional and department strategies and objectives when planning, managing portfolios, teams and managing lean processes.
- Takes accountability for all project management aspects and works effectively and closely with the delivery managers
- Skilful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority to all levels and to ensure optimal team performance.
- Excellent communication skills, customer value driven, enabling successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional autonomous teams.
- Experience of SaaS based environments
- Experience of lean transformations using Kanban
- Experience in a consulting environment
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.