A Financial Accountant position has become available with an insurance company based in Dublin 2.
This is a maternity contract for a minimum of 10months to a max 12 months salary range is 55k-60k
Ideally someone with some insurance experience, in audit or with an insurance company.
· Monthly and quarterly US GAAP/Irish GAAP reporting.
· Preparation of quarterly reinsurance bordereau's.
· Annual preparation of statutory financial statements for various European entities.
· Preparation of annual tax filings including calculation of quarterly provisions.
· Ensure consistent application of financial controls across all aspects of the reporting function.
· Facilitate statutory audits.
· Ad hoc assistance with completion or management of projects across the global finance team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Qualified ACCA/ ACA or CIMA
- Previous experience of financial services with (re)/insurance industry experience a preference.
- Technically strong accountant with a good understanding of relevant accounting standards and experience in the preparation and review of financial statements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive team player, with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for timely completion of tasks within tight deadlines.
- Flexible and capable of achieving results in a changing work environment.
Please apply via email to email@example.com or call Aoife in Sigmar on 01 474 4691 to discuss in confidence your career move.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.