As a Process Development Engineer, your role will be to provide new product introduction (NPI) and process development service to manufacturing operations (in Processing, Tabletting and Packaging). Below are the mains tasks:
- Introduce new products, materials and technologies; the discovery of process improvement opportunities and the re-development of legacy processes to increase productivity, reduce manufacturing costs and eliminate quality defects.
- Lead a cross-functional team during new product introduction (NPI) projects in accordance with a pre-approved project plan, schedule and current project management best practice. Ensure that critical manufacturing systems and support structures are in place for major technology transfer and NPI projects and provide technical advice on process engineering requirements as needed
- Execute early stage feasibility, technical, process optimisation and process validation studies;
- Liaise with the Technical Services Process Support Team to identify process improvement opportunities for legacy products. Propose and implement sustainable solutions to reduce processing times, improve yield, reduce defects and eliminate waste;
- Identify cost-effective opportunities for the introduction of best-in-class manufacturing technologies. Design and introduce these technologies to manufacturing operations;
- Input into the Technical Services management systems including strategic project planning;
- Review of Change Records and Risk Assessments to assess process impact and validation status as required;
- Liaise with other departments, vendors, external consultants & other sites as required;
- Adhere to the compliance matrix of business processes and routine departmental tasks;
- Manage the workload and resource plans of direct and indirect reports while supporting individual learning and development objectives through coaching and mentoring;
- Comply with the relevant industry and Company quality standards and the cGMP rules pertaining to production;
- May be required to assume responsibilities of Process Support Engineer where applicable, from time to time and as directed by the Manager or Director.
The next Process Development Engineer must have a degree in a Science or Engineering discipline. Ideally 2+ years’ experience as a Process Engineer within the Pharmaceutical industry and NPI project experience. This position requires the delivery of a timely and cost-effective process engineering service of the highest possible quality with enthusiasm, resilience, honesty and a strong team ethic.
That position is open to recent graduates showing an aptitude with strong academic record. Being operational, project based, or validation experience of oral solid dosage manufacturing processes are advantageous.
Are you are willing to be part of a company with a worldwide network and opportunities? You also want to get in business where it is possible to progress and get promoted? Don’t wait any longer, apply here!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.